Transfer pictures and videos wirelessly from your camera
Note: The Wireless LAN SD standard will be available to Association members for product development once the standard is completed.
The Wireless LAN SD standard will transform your existing camera and video camera into a wireless device so you can transfer pictures and video wirelessly from most existing digital cameras and video cameras. You can transfer your pictures and video to other cameras, smart phones and tablets, and web-based cloud services directly and over your home network.
Consumers around the world will use Wireless LAN SD memory cards to:
- Upload family, vacation or sports photos and video wirelessly from a camera or video camera to a computer or server for sharing or backup.
- Wirelessly download pictures from servers with cameras and video cameras using Wireless LAN SD memory cards.
- Share pictures and videos without email or physical card transfers, including device-to-device picture and video transfers from cameras to smart phones and tablets wirelessly without an access point.
- Use Wireless LAN SD memory cards as wireless control points for other devices, such as TVs, in a home network.
The Wireless LAN SD memory card standard will define two interface types:
- The Web interface, designated by a symbol, supports server upload and peer-to-peer functions.
- The home network interface designated by a symbol, supports server upload and home network communication functions.
- A Wireless LAN SD memory card can provide both of the wireless communication types, designated by both symbols.